Sunday 30 January 2011

Trophies the target for Pazzini

Inter Milan signing Giampaolo Pazzini is aiming to collect trophies following his move from Sampdoria to the Serie A and European champions.

Pazzini, 26, arrived at San Siro on Friday for a reported fee of 10 million pounds, with Inter forward Jonathan Biabiany heading to the Stadio Luigi Ferraris as part of the deal.

Capped 14 times for Italy, Pazzini will compete with the likes of Samuel Eto’o and Diego Milito for a starting berth as Inter attempt to revive their title defence under new manager Leonardo.

“To make it to a club like Inter is inevitably fulfilling a career goal, but at the same time it needs to be a starting point as I haven’t won anything yet and I want to demonstrate what I can do,” Pazzini said.

“Am I excited? Of course I am. When there is a change like this one it is hard to believe it is really happening. The offer from Inter was unexpected and out of the blue, and a very important opportunity.”

By leaving Sampdoria, Pazzini incurred the displeasure of president Ricardo Garrone, who believes the player was tempted by the wealth on offer at Inter.

“I heard what the president had to say and I can’t deny I was a bit upset, but I don’t want to say anything as Sampdoria gave me so much,” he said.

“I gave a lot to Sampdoria too and I will never forget the time I spent in Genoa or the fans, who were always so welcoming towards me.”

“Garrone said I was distracted by other things in my last few months there? If the president had come into the dressing room he would have seen the sacrifices I was making to be able to play.”

Sun 30 January, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment