Sunday 30 October 2011

Olic coy on Villarreal link

Bayern Munich striker Ivica Olic has refused to rule out a transfer to Villarreal in the January transfer window.

La Liga outfit Villarreal are understood to be in the market for a new forward after learning that Giuseppe Rossi will have to spend six months on the sidelines because of a knee ligament injury.

Olic, 32, has been at Bayern since 2009, when he joined the club from Hamburg on a free transfer.

On Thursday, Olic admitted he could leave the Allianz Arena in January after growing unhappy at his lack of first-team opportunities at the Bundesliga leaders.

Quizzed on the reports about a potential move to Villarreal, Olic said: “It is too early to say anything. The season has just begun. We shall see in the winter (transfer window).”

“This is my agent’s job. I take care of my fitness.”

The Croatian ace came on for Thomas Mueller after 77 minutes in Bayern’s 4-0 victory against Nuremberg on Saturday, in what was his seventh official appearance of the season.

“I appreciate every minute I play,” Olic said.

“After a long-term injury, match practice is important. I cannot speak about anything else, I must be careful with what I say.”


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment