Thursday 6 January 2011

Brown appointed Preston manager

Preston North End have turned to former Hull City manager Phil Brown to save their season from relegation.

The Championship club sacked Darren Ferguson on December 29 after a 3-1 home loss to Middlesbrough, with the club now rock bottom of the league and seven points adrift of safety.

Brown, who guided Hull to the England’s top-flight for the first time in the club’s history in 2008/09, has signed an 18-month contract at Deepdale and took his first training session at his new club on Thursday.

The 51-year-old’s main priority is to guide Preston out of the relegation zone – a point not lost on the manager in his first interview as club boss.

“Preston North End are a big club with great history and tradition and I am really looking forward to the challenge and opportunity,” said Brown, who has been out of work since his dismissal from Hull in June 2010.

“I would like to thank the chairman, owner and board of directors for putting their faith in me and whilst I know the current position is one we do not want to be in, I have every belief in the players’ and my own ability to get us out of the situation we are in.”

“The supporters of this football club are some of the most knowledgeable in the country and like them I want to see the club progress and I hope to be a part of a successful Preston North End.”

Thu 6 January, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment